When we browse through an Instagram profile, whether it’s Architectural Digest or Condé Nast Traveller, we suddenly long for the coziness of home or encounter wanderlust scrolling through images of Italian vineyards. Without a doubt, the beautiful, crisp, clean imagery evokes a good feeling and has an undeniable impact on our brain. Images are a powerful tool to build your brand. And when great imagery is combined with digital marketing, that’s when the magic happens. Why is that? What is the science behind it? It’s simple. Research shows images are processed 600,000 times faster than text! Without imagery, digital marketing won’t strike an emotional chord among your audience. Visual imagery resonates, connects, and inspires. Let’s explore the reasons why great imagery is the key in your marketing efforts:
1. The right imagery will attract an audience. It’s true. In an age of visual culture, if you want to create the biggest impact from the get-go, imagery is king. Written content will only take you halfway. If your goal is to stop your audience in its tracks when scrolling through hundreds of posts on their Instagram feed, focus on your visuals. The right tone, resolution, and even subject matter are things that should be at the forefront of your marketing strategy. In fact, imagery is 10 times more likely to generate audience engagement than content without images.
2. Imagery boosts engagement and connects. Research shows posts with imagery cultivate more engagement than links, videos, or text-based updates. And more engagement means more leads. On Facebook, posts featuring imagery account for 93% of the most engaging posts. That’s a pretty big deal! If your engagement is dropping and you’re scratching your head at what you’re doing wrong, take a look at your visuals. It may be time to rethink what you’re posting on Instagram and break your visuals down to even color science.
3. Your imagery reflects your brand. Do you want your brand to stand out and be memorable? Focus on your visual strategy. It’s not just about the brand logo. New companies and brands struggle to build your brand identity through imagery. Being mindful of the color tone and how it flows through your digital efforts, is something that should be considered. Use visuals that reflect the mood of the content. Pro tip: Lean on color theory and psychology.If you’re trying to convey happiness, use imagery that evokes joy: bright colors. Remember, you’re aiming for emotional impact. Connecting with your audience is key and the formula is simple: great imagery.
4. Your audience will remember your message. Text-based content is inefficient on its own. You can write a paragraph of content on your skincare brand, but users will struggle to connect if it’s just that. However, if you include a great on-brand image with your material, people are more likely to remember you and refer back to your product. According to the Social Science Research Network, 65% of people are visual learners, including myself. Want to captivate me? Tell me a story through a passionate image!
5. The digital world’s platforms are image-centric. It’s not rocket science to figure out why Instagram and Pinterest are taking the world by storm. What do they both have in common? That’s right. It’s Images. Image focused platforms are becoming increasingly popular. I think we can all agree pictures have become the universal language of the world. If you haven’t considered Instagram or Pinterest vital in the health of your brand, hopefully, you learned an important lesson today: a picture is worth a thousand words.
Great imagery comes with great responsibility. If done right, a picture inspires, evokes emotion, and engages people. Most importantly, it tells a compelling story when text may otherwise fail to personally resonate. Humans are wired to need visuals. How often have you become distracted or bored? Imagery is your chance to grab someone’s attention! It’s time to harness the power of visual imagery.
If you’re struggling to tell a compelling story and feel your brand is not performing to its full potential, hey, it happens. It’s natural to feel frustrated because you’re not getting any or enough engagement on your content. You’ve worked hard to introduce your business to the world and sometimes a little more push is just needed to unlock your brand’s full potential.
At The AD Leaf ®, we’re here to help study and build your brand, strategize, and offer solutions for your digital media portfolio. Feel free to give us a call at 321-255-0900 or you can email us to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s make great things happen together.